Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {creativity}

I think I've briefly mentioned my love of Denyse Schmidt's new line, Chicopee. If I haven't... well, I love it! I'm even using it for my own Granny Panties {quilt}.
Fabricworm had charm packs calling my name and that was a great way to get a little of every print so that's what I did. That way, if Steve asks, I can actually tell him that I was being economical by only getting 6" squares of each print... ;)
I didn't need another project but sometimes designs just happen and have to be made so I started a new quilt on Sunday.

Yesterday morning, as in 4 AM {ugh}, I woke up with anxiety running rampant so I headed up to my studio. I've said it over and over but it really is amazing what creativity can do for us.
For the next two hours I cut, stitched and played with designs... I also thought, prayed, and worked through my anxiety. I'm sure there's some left brain/right brain thing going on but being creative {for me at least} shuts off the logical side that tends to make me over-think and worry so that I can focus on the bigger picture.

I even trimmed my squares which is one step I usually loathe... but didn't mind at all because it was so repetitive and calming.

Was the rest of my day perfect? Nah. But pretty blocks with pretty points will definitely make any quilter smile. :)
PS... If you are looking for the Giant Granny Panties quilt along post just click here. :)