Journey of Quilting

Operation: Makeover
Untitled

Steve and I have been promising Chaney a room makeover for quite sometime. Not gonna lie, we've put it off but we finally got it together and Chaney finally picked out a color that was mutually agreeable. And trust me, that was a major hurdle because we've gone from her wanting to paint her room black, neon pink, red, neon pink and black... you get the point.

Untitled

She decided on a beautiful aqua blue {very similar to the aqua color in my signature at the bottom of the post} after consulting Instagram and having her friends vote on 4 colors. #3 won in case you were wondering!

Untitled

Chaney was gone this weekend so we got to work. I cleaned out her dollhouse and found these beauties.

Untitled

As it turns out, Steve is a master painter. It was a lot of hard work for me. ;)

Untitled

He had the room painted in about 4 hours while I was deciding how to sew a new valance for her window. I also took that time to learn all about "gallery walls"... they are all the rage on Pinterest and I can see why.
After the paint dried we applied vinyl dandelions which turned out so cute! They also make me smile because when Chaney was little she called them "blow-wishes". She also loved blowing every single one she could find which I'm sure our neighbors loved. ;)
This evening I'm tackling the gallery wall which I'm really excited about. I even had a hard time sleeping because I kept thinking about different arrangements for the wall. I know.

The finishing touches will include a quilt {of course} and new throw pillows that Chaney will make because sewing pillows are her absolute favorite things to sew.

I can't wait to show the finished room but I couldn't stand not to share some of works in progress of course...