Journey of Quilting

Will Work for Quilts...

I always seem to stick to things better when I write them out so here goes...

Steve and I joined a gym this past weekend because apparently the treadmill in our bedroom and the two fitness centers in our neighborhood aren't convenient enough. ;) But really, there's something to paying for something that seems to keep you committed; or at least it's that way for me.

So this week has been a transition... an early-morning-4:40am-type transition. UGH! But I'm doing it and so far, it feels relatively good. I'm hoping to make this a habit before school starts and I know the best way to do that is to set goals and have some small rewards in place.

Steve and I are going to reward ourselves with a beach vacation in January if we've reached our collective goal but I need some short term motivation as well.

Here's what I'm thinking... for every hour that I work out, I get to quilt. No work out = no quilting. I'm not going to put a time limit on the amount that I quilt because it's usually crammed into the evening or weekend amidst all the other activities.

Sound good? I think so. :)