Journey of Quilting

Easter Sewing...

Holidays make me sew... BUT... this year, the dresses still fit the girls (yeah)...

( notice the wrinkles from the 2 hour car ride:)

I only started sewing because of my disgust with the options available... the slinky material... the awful designs... and I wasn't afraid to try it...
These weren't my firs dresses mind you... I have been sewing dresses ever since I had my first daughter (over 10 years now!) Don't be afraid to alter the pattern... I always do... it's like cooking with me... I don't stick by with what it exactly says... there's always a longer length here... an extra bow there... even sometimes an overlay fabric... Here's some of my sewing I've done for the girls...
This one is from my own design... she looked so French to me...

The one on the right I call "apron style"... it's made out of linen and has an apron style front of an antique embroidery
runner I cut in half... I took a vintage pillowcase and made it a dress...

There are some fabulous dress makers out there trying to make ends meet... if you need a dress for your daughter, niece, or you see your neighbor can't afford a new dress for her daughter, then what better way to hail spring than a new dress! I know I would love it! Try looking on Etsy... or google it if you don't want to sew.