Journey of Quilting

It's time...

I'm sure all of you can agree that "times are tough" right now...
I know... it sounds all doom and gloom doesn't it??
Times are tougher now than I have ever seen them. Could it be because my parents sheltered me from any financial adversity? That I now only see it because my husband is responsible for 5 children and a wife at home? and this land... and these animals we have to care for... ?? We do not live beyond our means. And when I say that... sure... I could live in a bungalow in the city with chickens in my backyard — but someones got to tend to this great land... and well... that's my husband and me! Comparing myself to some I would be living a meager lifestyle, and yet to another classified group I would be very well off. I guess that puts me in middle class.
What I'm trying to get at here, is that by living out here in the country, we are definitely capable of getting by with much less than we already do... HECK! We ALL can! Farm or city life... it takes a certain lifestyle... which I like to call Farm Life (lol)... it's about coming together as a family... helping your community in any means possible... by using the barter system...
Those aren't things that just us "country folks" can do... whether you live in the city or the country, I highly recommend starting a garden (or can the veggies from the market!)... re purpose your things... rearrange your furniture... maybe everything just needs a good cleaning... do things that do not cost a penny in order to 1) keep busy and 2) help your environment... And when I say environment, I'm not just talking about the trees and bushes... I mean your home... your family! Each other in your community...
I urge you to watch this movie with your children or just yourself...

It was great — and just reassured me on the power and intellect that our parents and grandparents had just not too long ago... and how it is in US to keep that freedom alive... when you reach out to others, not only do you receive help in return, but also a better appreciation for humanity... even to those who do not have a voice.

Get rid of the things that cloud your mind... It's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and our finances! Didn't we do this to ourselves? yup
It's time to stop watching TV... it's time to get to work... it's time to have fun! while you are doing it! Values aren't given... you have to earn it! The grace has been given to you, now open your hand and give it to someone else who has forgotten they have it too.