Journey of Quilting

{Dizzy}

Things have been busy around our house lately! Nothing big, just a busy summer.
Chaney heads to camp in a few weeks and right after that we are headed out on vacation for week. I can't wait! Well... for the vacation part at least. Even though Chaney went to camp last summer and had a wonderful time I can't help but still be a little nervous.
Anyways... I've been quilting like mad and I now have a pretty good grasp on how my new Juki free motion quilts and I love it. My goal is to get my three quilts-in-waiting quilted so I have plenty of binding to take with me on vacation.

I don't know what to call this other than dizzy quilting so that's what I'm going with. :) It's time and thread consuming but the texture of the quilt is really amazing.
This quilt is in the process of becoming a pattern and is being tested by some wonderful quilters right now. Pattern testing adds time to the process but I highly recommend it! I'm a bit quirky in my thought process at times and everyone seems to interpret things differently so I've really enjoyed getting feedback and fine-tuning the pattern.

So naturally, with lots of quilting comes lots of basting. I do not enjoy basting my quilts and because of my allergies, I'm really not supposed to use or be around strong smells or chemicals... like basting spray. The results of pin basting vs. spray basting are pretty much the same for me but the sore fingers from pinning is no fun.

However, my awesome quilting mother-in-law gave me these pin covers along with the tool and it has made pin basting a breeze. For real. They are fast to use and pain free too!
I hope ya'll are having a great summer so far! I'll be back tomorrow to tell you about my new adventures in the kitchen...
PS: don't forget to enter the giveaway for the Coquette jelly roll!