Journey of Quilting

Boldly Going...

Red is a new color for me. I have never made a "red" quilt even though I like the color a lot. So here I go!

I ordered a mix of Tufted Tweets and Castle Peeps and mixed in some Amy Butler, Ta-Dot, and Kona solids too. I'm still working on the design because I want the pattern to have large enough pieces to feature some of these larger scale fabrics.

We will be traveling the next few days and I'll be taking my Moleskine journal to sketch the design as well as my hexies to keep me busy on the plane. My hubby is an excellent trip planner and I'm super excited about where we are going. All our daughter knows is that we are going on a plane. We have been giving her little hints, especially these past few days that she's been so sick, but she's yet to guess... ;)

I'll give ya'll a few hints... this place is cooler than Texas... we will be doing a lot of walking... our daughter will get to meet some of her favorite celebrities...

Give up??

We're going to Disneyland!!!