Journey of Quilting

Turning Points

These simple invitations are some of the best proof that I'm finally feeling better. What I hoped would only be a few weeks turned into nearly a month of hoping, praying, willing, begging... to feel better. Depression is so much more than just feeling down in the dumps and sometimes it takes some hard work to dig out of it and stay out of it.

I don't mean to paint a rosy picture of I felt bad and now I feel better because there is a lot that goes into it but some things are better left unspoken. But what I'm trying to get at is if you are reading this today and you know what I mean please know that there is lots of help out there, sometimes we just have to get out of our head and ask for it.

Even a week ago the thought of making these invitations felt overwhelming. But Tuesday night Steve and I stayed up late making them and had a blast. We are feeling quite proud of our creativity. :) And I'm now really excited to plan her pool party with a "1/2" theme. Half hot dogs... half hamburgers... orange & apple slices... you get the idea. So much fun!

Last night we had our end of the season softball party. I organized it and I actually wanted to go. Again, even a week ago it felt like an enormous undertaking full of anxiety. But last night was relaxed and it was fun to hang out with the girls and their parents without having to call out "softball ready, girls!" 100 times. We got second place and it was a great season. I didn't even have that parent... you know what I'm talking about if you have ever coached youth sports. ;)

I have hardly stepped in my studio in the past month but I did some quilting over the weekend. I hope to have some things to show soon.

I know I've said it but thank you all again for your comments, emails, prayers and support. They have meant the world to me. Depression is never easy but I'm glad that I have this outlet to share not only the hobby that I love but also a place to just be me.

Today is our last day of school and I am so excited! Happy summer to ya'll!