Journey of Quilting

Blog Banner {tutorial}

So I'm pretty proud of myself. Do you see that shiny, happy banner up above?

I have wanted a banner with multiple pictures for a long time and I finally took the time to figure it out. I even wrote the steps down so I could share them with you! I'm sure there's a fancy way to do this in Photoshop but I don't have that program and I probably couldn't figure it out if I did. ;)

1. First, go to BigHugeLabs to make your photo mosaic.

2. Change the columns to 4 and the rows to 1 if you want a layout like mine. Leave all the other settings the way they are.

3. Scroll down to where you can enter the URL's of your pictures. I chose all of mine from Flickr.

4. Go to Flickr and click on the first individual picture you want in your banner. Copy and paste the entire link into the space provided on the BigHugeLabs site. Repeat for the 2nd and 3rd pictures.

5. If you want a blank space to write in like I did, leave the 4th URL space empty.

6. Click create and you are almost done with the first part of your banner!

7. Your banner will be shown and if you like it, click the save button above the picture and save it to your computer.

If you don't want any writing on your banner you could be finished now... if you are, resize your image on your computer, skip the Flickr steps, and pick up at step 12 to upload your banner to your blog.

8. Next, go to Flickr and upload your new banner to your Flickr account. Open the picture in Picnik {Flickr's photo editor}.

9. Add text... add a frame... etc.

10. Now it's time to resize your banner. Most blogger headers measure approximately 940 across {you might have to play with this a little}. In Picnik, click on Resize and change your first dimension to 940.

Important: make sure the keep proportions box is checked so that your images don't end up all stretched and weird. Save the image and you will automatically be directed back to Flickr.

11. Click view all sizes and choose the large image which is the original dimensions you saved when you resized the banner in Picnik. Save this image to your computer and we are almost done!

12. Log into Blogger and click design. Click edit in the box where your banner goes.

13. Remove the current image and choose browse your computer to open your new banner. Let it load into the box and click save. You will be taken back to the design page and from there you can go back to your blog and admire your work!

If you have any questions just let me know. I'm not very tech-savvy but I'll do my best to help. :)