Journey of Quilting

Outtakes

A Pips preview You know the outtakes at the end of movies where we get to see that even the most polished actors make mistakes? I was busy working on a new quilt this weekend and as I quilted along I got to know every square inch of the quilt and it's bloopers.
I can't share the entire quilt yet but I thought it would be fun to share some of the funnier moments.
But can a quilt really be funny? My quilts can. Let's just say that fussy cutting isn't a strength of mine.
Sherbet Pips outtakes...  

That poor Pip's head!

If only her scooter had been a little faster... 

That poor little dog is running for his life to avoid the seam allowance! I promise that it's OK to laugh! I think that everyone needs a good laugh at themselves every once in awhile. My saving grace is that there are lots of fussy cut squares that turned out perfectly and I am absolutely loving this quilt.
Now, there's been a lot of... ummm... whatever you want to call it... over Sherbet Pips lately but as I worked on this quilt I really developed an appreciation for the fabric design. The characters are so endearing and detailed and the supporting fabrics of the line are great. Sometimes I look at a line and I don't really "get" how each of the fabric designs fit into the overall line but that's not the case here. And it's one thing to put computer-aided fabric designs out there but to be brave enough to put your hand drawn illustrations into a debut fabric line takes a lot of guts so well done, Aneela!
And lastly, thank you to each one of you who commented, emailed me, or sent kind thoughts my way after reading my last post. I had no intention of making that post about depression but that's what seemed to stand out... well, that and how I wear a bicycle helmet during tornado warnings.
Last week was one of the darkest weeks I have had in quite some time and as Steve was reading the comments yesterday he so nicely put it, "see, honey... you really are not alone...". And he's right; unfortunately I'm not the only one but fortunately for those of us who do struggle, we are certainly not in it alone.
I love blogging, sharing what I'm working on, and connecting with other quilters but sometimes it's the unexpected connections that mean the most. Thank you!