Journey of Quilting

Liberty!

Image from PickClickSew
I finally gave in. I have been eyeing the Liberty fabrics for a long time now. I've picked up a few pieces here and there but I have really been wanting to make a quilt for myself out of these gorgeous prints.

I caved yesterday when I stumbled across PickClickSew on Etsy. She has a great selection and reasonable prices. Because I wanted the biggest selection of Tana Lawn as possible, I decided to go with a scrap bag with 48 pieces ranging between 2" x 5" to 4.5" x 5.5" in size.

I also think it will be fun to design a quilt using every precious scrap of varying sizes. I'm planning on pairing the prints with Essex linen in natural. I'm thinking that the contrasting textures will give the quilt some extra depth since the blocks themselves will be fairly straightforward.

As I've been reading the quilt market posts, I've noticed several bloggers talking about how Liberty is coming out with a quilting cotton line. When those prints hit, I bet there will be a huge frenzy around them!

Have you ever worked with Liberty fabric? I'm interested to hear what you thought and any tips you might have!