Journey of Quilting

I just might be...

... easing back into things.
Again, thank you all for your kind words, prayers, emails and encouragement! Knowing that I am not alone has been so important because depression seems to be quite good at convincing you that you are absolutely and desperately alone. But I'm not.
I did see my Dr. and I also had a good visit with a therapist to work on stress management. My stress level is still high but I'm doing what I can to manage that. I've taken some things off my plate and focused on ways to de-stress. The other thing that has helped me relax... embroidery.
Embroidery is very forgiving. There isn't any math. No precise seams. No racing a quilt under your machine while working to avoid quilting yourself to the quilt or sewing through a finger... all while making sure your stitches are perfect and without thread globs on the back of the quilt. But embroidery... just trace the pattern or draw it and choose your colors and your stitches as you go. Amazing.
Yesterday was our 5th wedding anniversary. Can I just tell you what an amazing guy Steve is? I am so blessed to have him. Chaney and I both are. And it was so cute; Chaney was up at 6 am yesterday morning making anniversary cards and presents for us. I love how she, in her own way, recognizes what we have and celebrates it with us.

The traditional gift for the 5th anniversary is wood so I got creative. I guess you could count the wood hoop as the gift but what I was really after were the tree rings. At first Steve thought it was a maze. So if you don't see it at first, don't feel bad. ;)

I started out with plans of just embroidery but I couldn't resist adding some fabric too. I blanket stitched around the raw edges and I'm pleased with how it turned out.
I can't promise that I'm back completely but I'm working on it. Thanks again for all your support. It means the world to me.