Journey of Quilting

Add another ring...

Today is our sixth anniversary!
Last year the traditional gift was wood so I made an embroidered tree ring to hang in our hallway. Had I really thought it through, I would have left room to add more rings. Maybe I'll make another one at 10 years. :)
The traditional gift for six years is iron. Oh, what fun it was to buy this gift and lug it through the store! Steve and I are just hoping we didn't buy each other the same thing... we'll see.
How are we celebrating? We will be coaching Chaney's softball game tonight in Middleofnowhere, TX. Unless we want to dine at Dairy Queen, we are better off waiting to go out to dinner tomorrow night to celebrate.
8U softball isn't very romantic but then, we've never been a conventional couple... our first date was a blind date on December 3rd, 2005. Steve proposed on February 14th, 2006. We signed a contract to build our house on February 28th, 2006. On May 22nd, 2006 we got married at the courthouse, just the two of us, in flip flops, shorts and a sundress. Don't worry, I was the one wearing the sundress.
I wouldn't change a thing about these six years together because they have made us the couple that we are today. Here's to many more with my best friend and love of my life!
If you are looking for the Sew, Mama, Sew giveaway please click here.