Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {books}

It's probably not a secret that I love to write almost as much as I love to quilt.

I also love books almost as much as I love fabric.

So books about fabric, quilting, and sewing are a double rainbow all the way for me. And BTW, if you haven't seen that video on YouTube just look it up when you are having a bad day. Trust me. :)

I have acquired a few books lately so I thought that I would share them with you...

Amy Butler's Style Stitches
The projects are beautiful and the photography is awesome in typical Amy Butler fashion. I haven't had a chance to try a project yet but I've made a lot of bags and I can tell that the instructions are thorough. More to come later...

Alicia Paulson's Embroidery Companion
I have been wanting to learn embroidery for quite some time now so I took the plunge and bought this book written by one of my favorite bloggers. Wow, the projects are beautiful! I'm lacking some basic embroidery supplies but once I've got them, I don't think there is a project in this book that I'm not going to try.

Modern Log Cabin Quilting by Susan Beal
The quilts and the photography in this book are beautiful! I don't buy a lot of quilting books and this is one I probably should not have purchased either. But with a cover like that, how could I resist?!?

Now I'm not trying to knock it because this is a great book for the beginning quilter or for someone who hasn't made a log cabin quilt before. The instructions and the techniques are solid; there's just not a lot of "new" to this book if you have been quilting for awhile. However, it is nice to see a modern quilting book that emphasizes good technique and quilting history.

And lastly, I can't blog about books without blogging about fabric! Crafty Girls Workshop is having a sale! $5 a yard on their Last Chance fabrics. I'm sure their selection won't last long so hurry over!

PS... if you haven't entered to win the Accuquilt Go! Baby you have until tonight at 10 PM CST to enter. I'll be announcing the winner tomorrow!