Journey of Quilting

Fabric & Friends Friday

So I dreamed about fabric last night. For real. My husband, daughter and I were in some small town and came upon a quilt shop that was open 5am-8pm everyday. They served cinnamon rolls and they had a "guys area" where all the husbands could hang out and watch TV together. They had room after room filled with bolts of beautiful fabrics, many of them being hard to find prints. I pulled bolt after bolt off the shelves and bought them all. My total... $4.23. That's when you know that this really was a dream! LOL

Through the awesomeness of Facebook, I have reconnected with a lot of childhood friends. Rachel, was a girl I sat by in first grade. She always wore the prettiest dresses that I still remember loving. Turns out, she also loves fabric, quilting and sewing. It's always such a small world! She recently discovered Fabricworm and in that discussion she asked me about other online fabric shops I love. So here we go...

  • Fat Quarter Shop ~ my first discovery and dive into the online fabric world. They have great service, an awesome pre-cut selection, good sales, and fast shipping.
  • Fabricworm ~ my supplier of new & unique fabrics. Cynthia puts together great fat quarter, half yard, and yard bundles. She always has a great selection of Japanese prints here and here...
  • Fresh Squeezed Fabrics ~ Randi is one of my favorite bloggers and she runs an awesome shop! She has a great selection, unique bundles, and has some pretty darn good sales too...
  • Pink Chalk Fabrics ~ my newest obsession! She actually irons the fabric before it ships. I have never had a crooked cut of fabric from this shop. She has an awesome selection of both designer prints as well as Kona solids. There is always a good sale selection as well. A new favorite!
  • Whimsiedots ~ last but certainly not least! Mandy is of the nicest shop owners I have met. She has a flair for putting together vintage sheet sets and bundling them into beautiful sets. She has great service and fast shipping. Another one of my new favorites!
These are my suppliers who support my fabric addiction ;) I know there are lots of good shops out there so I'd love to hear about your favorites too!

Have a happy Friday and a wonderful weekend! I'll be working on quilting a new quilt that I hope to share with ya'll next week...