Journey of Quilting

It's about that time...

I think Chaney is just as excited as I am... ... where things get really busy. Chaney started softball last week and I'm coaching again. Last season was fun and challenging because teaching softball skills to 5 & 6 year olds can feel more like herding cats a lot of the time. But before I was ever a wife, a mom, an employee, or a quilter, I was an athlete so I have missed it and I'm so glad that we are back on the field.

I love the smell of the equipment bag {as weird as that sounds} and my car has once again been transformed into a dugout on wheels. Our team name is the Spouts and this year we are a team of 7 & 8 year olds. And wow, those extra years make a difference! So far no one is making dirt castles at home plate or twirling like a ballerina on the pitchers mound. So far... ;)

So if I'm not posting nearly every day like it has been lately... you can probably find me on a softball field. And even on those off days, you are more likely to find me playing catch in the back yard with Chaney and talking about our days as we throw the ball back and forth. I love my job, I love quilting, but what I really love are times I get to spend connecting with Chaney and Steve.

Will I still be blogging, sewing, and quilting? Yep. For sure. But I'm also not going to allow myself to feel the pressure or the obligation to sew when I would rather be playing catch or even reading a book because I'm exhausted after a long day at work followed by practice.

So when I start complaining about how stressed I am {it's most likely because I'm trying to do too much} please remind me of this post. And when I'm ready for the season to be over with, please remind me of this post and that the next season is always right around the corner after a nice break. :)

Go Sprouts!