Journey of Quilting

Single {Girl}

Chaney: so there's this boy at school and he's really cute...

Steve: what's his name?

Chaney: *giggle*

Steve: who are his parents? where do they go to church??

Chaney: *more giggling*

Steve: does he have a job? a car??

Chaney: noooo... we are in first grade!

Steve seems to have his line of questioning down already. I sure hope the right future boyfriends will be able to think quick on their feet because he's going to be well-practiced by the time Chaney is old enough to date!

I'm thinking that the Single Girl Quilt Along is going to be hit on all fronts at our house. I'm making the quilt for Chaney's bed so it's only fair that she has a hand in the design...

Here are the fabrics that Chaney selected. She even went as far as to pick Kona Sky for the background fabric and Kona Candy Pink for the binding. She wants to use the left over scraps for a long strip down the middle of the quilt back... she has been watching me quilt even closer than I thought!

We had a lot of fun "playing quilt" together. We talked about color value and the scales of the different prints. And let me add that I didn't even say a word when she went for some of my prized fabrics although, I did steer her away from my voiles because I'm just not going to piece curves with slippery voile fabric.

I think she has a great eye for color, don't you think?