Journey of Quilting

A Scrappy Time
I think this is my favorite block so far. Is anyone else using strips long enough to make two blocks from each strip set? #scrappytripalong

This past weekend was the first time in almost three weeks that I actually had some time to sit down and sew!

Sewing is happening today! It's been way too long...

I've been slowly cutting strips and piecing these scrappy trip around the world blocks. I'm using this method and I love how fast the blocks come together. Way faster than sewing a million 2.5" squares together!
The only thing I'm doing different is that when I can, I'm cutting my strips width of the fabric so that I can get two blocks from each strip set. By doing that, you do end up with a few extras so I'm setting those aside because I'm planning on making a scrappy border with the leftovers.

Untitled

This is the first scrappy quilt I have ever made. Strange but true. This is a stretch for me not only because I'm using scraps but also because of the colors and values. I'm paying very little attention to the prints and more attention to the color values. It's mindless and challenging at the same time if that makes any sense at all.

I have ten blocks 12" completed now and I really want to make this into a queen sized quilt for our bed. I have Steve's approval for it not looking too girly {very important} so let's hope I can be patient enough to keep making blocks until I have enough!

I know things have been pretty slow around here and that might not be changing anytime soon. Work has been incredibly busy and it's going to stay that way for the foreseeable future. And while that's a good thing, it seems like more and more I'm doing good just to get home, work out, eat dinner and supervise homework, etc.

So if I'm a little quiet, no need to worry... I'm just busy! :)