Journey of Quilting

Not a quilt in a day...

... because I have a very short attention span.

I suppose that things are just too interesting and exciting around our home. That and I kept stopping every 15 minutes to show Steve my progress.
Yesterday I focused and had the remaining 7 star points put together in about an hour. My secret?

photo from elmers.com 
Elmer's Clear {Washable} School glue.
When I decided to do this review, Eleanor's son, Orion {coolest name ever, BTW}, made sure to suggest that I use a glue stick instead of pins. The only glue stick in our house was one that had purple glue so I asked The Internet and the answer was Elmer's.

excuse the mess! 
My first try left me thinking that I could pin faster so I tried that too. I might have pinned a little faster but once I started doing this assembly line style, I flew. It was amazing! Just a tiny dot where each seam matches made things so easy.
It took me another 30 minutes to put the star points together. All I have left is to swirl the center seam of the star so it will lay perfectly flat. And BTW, this star is huge! I can't even hold it point to point or get all of it to fit in my iPhone lens.
Tonight I'm hoping to do the squares and triangles around the star and then tomorrow night I hope to add the borders. I waited to pick the border fabrics and I'm so glad that I did because I'm really excited about what I came up with while piecing the star. I think it will fit the overall feel of the quilt well. :)
Now that I'm confident in the process and the steps I know that I could make one of these in a day. For real. Eleanor's instructions are that good!
I'll save the rest for my full review. Oh, and I also get to giveaway a copy of the book and the magical bias stripping ruler so stay tuned for that!

If you want to see the rest of the posts about the process of this quilt:Seeing StarsChartreuse Love
Linking up for Fabric Tuesday too!