Journey of Quilting

For Me Friday

This might sound silly but there are times where I am really thankful that I know how to sew. Sometimes it is when I've finished a quilt and I completely love it. Sometimes it is when I am able to make something out of necessity. Sometimes it is when I can make something for myself, just because.

As quilters, we make a lot of things for a lot of people. I know that I personally only have three quilts out of all my quilts that live with me. And I don't mind that because I love giving something handmade. But still sometimes it's nice to make something to keep.

This year I am trying to take better care of myself. Not just physically but also emotionally and spiritually. I am trying to reward myself for tasks completed and goals accomplished. Good idea, huh?

But sometimes we get it in our head that a reward has to be something purchased... or at least I think that way. So instead of that, I've been rewarding myself with some small, handmade items.

I needed a new key chain...

I needed a new {cute} Moleskine sketchbook...
I needed an updated chair...
I needed a new pincushion...
And maybe "need" isn't the right word so let's just say that I needed to reward myself. :) Whatever the right word is, I hope ya'll will take some time and do the same.
Have a wonderful weekend! I will be happily resuming my sewing for others.