Journey of Quilting

Fabric {Friday}

Where the heck did this week go??

It was largely swallowed up by work I suppose. Oh, and a few fabric scraps too... ;)

Pretty much the only sewing excitement around our house this week was this beautiful fabric that showed up on our doorstep. And I won't lie; Steve called and asked me where this heavy box came from and I started filing through my mental notes for large fabric purchases. But then I remembered that this was sent to me to play with.

Phew!

Modern Whimsy. It's designed by fellow Texan, Laurie Wisbrun and it's amazing! A great mix of colors and different scaled prints. It's also organic which gives it an amazing texture.

You know who also fell in love with it too? No, not Steve... but good guess!

Chaney.

I got the box open and then I had to go fix dinner but she stayed with the fabric dreaming up all kinds of projects to make. She's definitely my kid!

I can't wait to make something with this beautiful fabric and I'm thinking that this will be a joint project with Chaney. She has jumped into sewing with both feet and is doing SO well. I'm super proud. :)

Happy Friday! It's a long weekend for me so hopefully I'll get in some sewing...