Journey of Quilting

expanding...

I'm so thrilled to tell you that I am expanding on this conceptual journey of 'beauty'

putting together a room, with all it's rearranging of furniture and the play of light on a certain chair, or the way the bookcase it now highlighted by your side lamp all invokes a story of how you visual your space

yes, I am rearranging again

this room is awesome with the archway... and I keep trying to incorporate that space into the living room space (as you see, it's the living room again:) however, the coziness keeps telling me to embrace that beauty of coziness!!

it's high time that the blue floral couch from 1940 gets moved out... it just doesn't fit my decor anymore

and the hutch... it has housed crafts, silver, everyday dishes, bowls, and now is in the living room waiting...
poor thing

baby Daniel is thoroughly confused and delighted to have a plethora of crawling space (notice the 'moving men' under the couch)
my current (material) desires are to achieve an earthy easy elegance into this farmhouse with softness

here's some of my inspiration:

I've always been a great 'lover' of things black and white, and would love to add some more of that into the house... 

designtoinspire.net 

this photo has it (almost) all of what I'm thinking: natural wood, black, white, texture, a bit of industrial, clean + simple (what it is lacking is more color) 

skema this entry has the red I really like, the antique piece, the natural wood around doorway, the pops of color... and though paisley might be "out" I still think this looks great 

Canadian house to home

as soon as I saw this, I instantly wanted to put up some more of my oil paintings... good thing I didn't put them out to sell them at the barn sale!

country living
the open shelving idea is really striking a chord with me, there's talk of using remaining wood from the sunroom remodel (douglas fir) for the shelves 

countryliving

beautifullife


~have a great rest of the day~
peace + blessings,