Journey of Quilting

Chartreuse {love}

Thanks for all your input on my radiant star color choices! I'm pretty sure the favorite was the Alps color scheme and it's my favorite too. I picked my fabrics the other night... all from my stash!

Chartreuse has never been a color that I've used or even gravitated towards {it came out a little lighter in the picture}. Given my disdain of green fabric, lime green in particular, I'm surprised how much I love this color mixed in with the blues and greys.

Plus, I feel fancy to calling it chartreuse instead of some hue of lime green... ;)


White + beagles = a bad combination
The white in the group is Kona snow and I'm not entirely sure if I won't be swapping it out for a really light grey. If I use white in the star then the background calls for the same color. That's a lot of white given that this is what our bed looks like in the morning.

And I know I've said it before but Design Seeds is my favorite site for color inspiration! I never would have picked this combination had I not seen it on their site.
Thanks for all your comments! I think I'm going to do a timeline of just how long it takes me to make this quilt which should be a lot of fun... I might even do it in real time on my Facebook page so ya'll can see the good, bad and the ugly of trying to make this quilt in a day!