Journey of Quilting

Be Social {adding buttons to your blog}

I have been cleaning things up around here and making my blog more streamlined and simple. But in doing that, there were things that I didn't want to give up... like certain icons and buttons. Social networking is fun, a way to stay in touch, and a great way to get to know your blogging friends but all the stand alone buttons can start to clutter your blog.
I wanted all my social avenues to show up in one place on my blog so I began Googling various key words and with Steve's help plus no less than 4 different sites, I was able to get the buttons. :) I really like the look so I thought I'd make it easy and share the code and buttons with ya'll.
If you like my images, they are already hosted so you don't have to do anything but copy and paste, change the { }'s, and then add your links. If you want to use other images you will want to use Photobucket or another site to host your images.
For blogger you are going to go into Design and then Add a Gadget and then select the HTML/JavaScript gadget. This gadget is where you will be adding and creating your buttons.

Facebook:
{a href="YourFacebookLinkGoesHere " target="_blank"}{img src="//i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/thatgirlthatquilt/facebook_32.png" /}{/a}
Flickr:
{a href="YourFlickrLinkGoesHere " target="_blank"}{img src="//i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/thatgirlthatquilt/flickr_32.png" /}{/a}
Feed subscriber:
{a href="YourFeedGoesHere " target="_blank"}{img src="//i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/thatgirlthatquilt/rss_32x32.png" /}{/a}
Twitter:

{a href="YourTwitterAccountGoesHere " target="_blank"}{img src="//i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z372/thatgirlthatquilt/twitter_32.png" /}{/a}

Add your own links where the red words are, change the { }'s to < >'s, save the gadget, and drag it to where you want it to show on your blog. It's that easy!

Help!
If your links or images aren't working, go back and find each " " in your codes. Re-type each " " and everything should work.

Also double check and make sure that each { } is changed to < >

If you have questions just let me know. However, I am definitely not technically inclined so I may have to wait and get Steve to look at your question in the evening. :)