Journey of Quilting

City Stops

I'm just a little excited to be able to share my City Stops quilt over at the Moda Bakeshop today! This is my first project {and definitely not my last} for Moda and I had so much fun working with the City Weekend fabric line. The fabrics are definitely brighter than I initially thought and they just sing a perfect mix of urban + shabby chic.

A few details I didn't share over there... I quilted the outline of the hexagons in a grid pattern that ended up looking a lot like a honeycomb.

I free motion quilted flowers in the border and this is my new favorite free motion pattern. It's just like doodling with thread! I'm planning on quilting my quilt along quilt with these flowers.

The binding was a bit tricky but nothing that a little patience can't work through. The end result is very unique if you ask me...

Bless Steve's heart, I had him driving all over looking for the perfect place to take pictures of this quilt. I think the dead end barrier is perfect even if a beer bottle might be seen in one of the pictures! Can you find it??

If you get a chance, please go take a look at my tutorial! And if you are here by way of the bakeshop, welcome!