Journey of Quilting

Weekend {quilting}

Don't you just love a weekend with no real plans or activities? This weekend I will be quilting and I'm so excited!
I'm also a little nervous... this beauty dates back to the 1970's. Note that I am not calling this a vintage quilt. That's because I was born in 1977 and I am not vintage. ;)

It's hand pieced and has some really fun fabrics in it. I'm quilting this one and another one for the owner of the quilts. This one will be a Christmas gift.
So you know that nervous feeling you get when you drop your needle into the quilt for the first time to begin quilting? I get that way with my own quilts so that feeling is multiplied when I'm quilting someone else's quilt; especially when it's been passed down in a family.
I have a few designs in mind that will hopefully reflect the the time that this quilt was pieced in and the fact that it's a family heirloom. As I'm basting and "getting to know" the quilt, I'll decide on the final design... that's typically when I finalize my quilting plans. Then the real fun begins...

I hope ya'll have a wonderful weekend!