Journey of Quilting

The Coolest...

I'm making what I consider to be the coolest baby quilt ever. I'm using this pattern from Cherry House Quilts and so far it has been a fun pattern to work with. Here's a sneak peak at the fabrics for this quilt and the first block that has been reverse appliqued.

Coincidentally, my daughter is the coolest kid at school today (according to her). I am off work today but she still had school. She has been begging to ride her bike to school but there is just no way, ever, that she is going to do that on her own. So today she and I rode bikes to school. She has only been riding her bike without training wheels for a few months so I wanted to allow plenty of time to get there this morning. It ended up being a ten minute ride so we were at school pretty early. We went and sat at the edge of the playground and she crawled up in my lap and we looked at pictures on my iPhone. As other kids started to arrive, I wondered if she was going to get out of my lap. But she didn't. And that made me smile because for just a moment, I felt like the coolest mom. :)

And last but not least, my husband and all of the other veterans we celebrate today are the coolest. Our country is what is it today because of the men and women who have served and are serving. So as thankful as I am for a quiet day to sew, I am even more thankful for the sacrifices our veterans have made. So here's a big kiss for my veteran husband and a big thank you for all of our veterans!