Journey of Quilting

Organizing then creating...

This is what a depressed quilter's stash looks like. I've been struggling, not as bad as other times, but struggling nonetheless.

This is what it looks like when you feel better. Yesterday I made myself go into my studio and organize, fold, and put things where they belong.

It's funny how a clean studio frees up creativity for me. I planned a new quilt for our bed; one made out of scraps which will be a first for me. I've been trying to decide on colors for this quilt forever and I could never make it work. So this one will be a scrappy one made from my favorite fabrics and the most non-offensive fabrics I can find for Steve's benefit. ;) I'm also going to mix in some dark solids to keep the quilt from being too busy.

And here's a sneak peak of the quilting on a beautiful vintage quilt for a friend of our family. It's an honor to be trusted with a piece of family history. I should be done by Thanksgiving and I plan on binding it after turkey and while watching football.
Last but not least, depression is tough and it seems like this time a year a lot of people struggle. So if you are, take care of yourself. You are not alone, I promise.