Journey of Quilting

I'm {knitting}

I have tried to learn how to knit at least five different times. The craft of knitting hates me. Or so I thought.

Now, I can crochet all day long with no problem but put two pointy non-sewing needles in my hands and it's trouble.

But there's this really cute stocking hat that I want to make for Chaney so I've convinced myself that I will knit it. Plus I love all the pictures that pop up on blogs of knitting works in progress. They are so pretty. So peaceful. I pretend that those bloggers knit and sip tea all day long and if only I could knit then I could do the same. Right?

Don't go ruining my fantasy. Please.

So I appealed to Facebook and got several suggestions. How did we ever accomplish anything before Facebook? I also stumbled on Stitch -n- Bitch at Joann's for 30% off. I learned to crochet from the companion to that book called The Happy Hooker. And yes, both books are just as fun as their titles.

I'm by no means fast but I'm getting there. Knitting is becoming enjoyable but I don't think I'll ever love it as much as quilting. So as much as I would love to knit, blog, and sip tea all day long, I don't see this blog ever evolving into a knitting blog.

Can you hear Steve breathing a sigh of relief as my tea & knitting fantasy comes to an end? I'm pretty sure I just heard it. Maybe in his wave of relief he won't mind a tiny fabric shopping spree... ;)

For those of you who knit, any tips that you wished you had known early on when learning how to knit??