Journey of Quilting

The X Factor

Chaney stuck to the velcro wall. Quite possibly the most awesome carnival attraction ever...
So here's the last piece of what I've been up to and the main way that I've been taking time to take care of myself.

For the past month, I've had a fairly nice looking guy coming into my living room at 5 am each morning. He tells me what workouts to do, that I'm doing a great job, and to "bring it". Anyone know who I'm talking about? No, not Steve... he makes appearances in the living room but it's more to see what I'm up to. :)

Yep, I've been doing P90x. I begin my 5th week tomorrow so I figure I'm good to blog about it now since I'm past the habit forming stage. This has been one of things that I've been dying to talk about but I needed these first weeks to make the change for me and no one else. Plus, you would have heard A LOT of moaning and complaining about how unbelievably sore I have been.

I have almost toppled over on more than one occasion at work, on the softball field, going down stairs, getting in and out of my car...

I've also been tired but it's a good tired. Working out 6 days a week for at least an hour a day is the best sleeping pill in the world. I haven't had insomnia in over a month. The plus, I feel better. The downside, I used to sew when I couldn't sleep.

Steve and Chaney have been super supportive. Chaney thinks that it's all yoga and she's partially right. There is one yoga workout that is 90 minutes long. I used to laugh at yoga thinking that it's just some stretching and meditating. Wow. I was so wrong. I'm pretty athletic but out of all the workouts, yoga is the one that kills me each and every time. So if you practice yoga on a regular basis, my hat's off to you because it's no joke!

I'm pretty sure the funnel cake won...

This has been a fun change for me, Steve and Chaney. Other than the State Fair... they have embraced the change in our meals and that has been awesome. And of course, Steve has lost weight by just changing his diet. Of course, not killing himself every morning like me yet he's seeing great results too. Men...!

PS: please be rest assured, you won't be seeing pics of me in a bikini on here showing my before and after results. I'm That Girl but not that girl. ;)