Journey of Quilting

So...

Remember me? Do I look familiar?? No? I'm pretty much the worst blogger...
Actually that's Chaney and I have a feeling that it won't be too much longer before she starts censoring my blog so I figured I should publish this picture before she gets any older.
I've always been pretty open about things here so when I started feeling stressed out and quiet; I didn't feel like I had anything good to say. That's probably not the truth but that's how it felt.

So what have I been up to? Lots.

Looking back, during Chaney's last school year, I struggled a lot with enormous amounts of stress that led to depression and I was determined not to do that again. I haven't avoided it this time around but I did do some things differently. Did you know that September is one of the most common months for people with depression to start spiraling? Something about the changing amounts of daylight, blah, blah, blah...

So with that knowledge, I took some proactive steps. For lack of a better description, I hunkered down. I made a list of what was important {not in any particular order} and I stuck to these things:

1. My health
2. Steve, Chaney & all the activities that come with them...
3. Church/home
4. Work
5. Refusing to let other people's bad decisions control my every move.

Notice what's missing? Yep. Sewing, fabric, taking pictures, blogging, etc. Now, I've still been sewing some but it hasn't been at the typical 100 MPH pace I like to hold myself to. I've missed reading blogs and blogging a lot but guess what... it's all still here. :)

And guess what also happened? The school year is off to a great start. Coaching softball is fun and not draining. Our house is more organized. Lunches for all three of us are getting made during the week. I've enjoyed my time with Steve & Chaney instead of feeling the constant pull towards my studio. And most importantly, I'm healthier.

That last one... it took me a long time to figure out that my health {physical, mental, spiritual, etc} is important. What I thought was being selfless was actually closer to selfish; I have always put myself last and in turn, it affected everyone. Now I know this isn't any sort of earth-shattering revelation and I bet most of you already know what it took me all this time to learn but better late than never, right??

So I have lots of things to share! There's been lots going on in our house and I can't wait to catch up with everyone. Thanks to all of you for your kind emails, comments and for sticking around while it's been quiet!

I'm back and feeling rejuvenated! I promise that I'll make it up to ya'll... :)

First order of business: update my blog some because it's clearly not summer anymore...