Journey of Quilting

Wednesday Words {husband edition}

So, Steve and I went to Joann's this past Saturday. I had run out of thread quilting my Giant Granny Panties {quilt} and I needed to get fabric for the binding.

I had an idea in my head about using a contrasting binding and even thought about using a vintage print in pepto-bismol pink but then I realized I didn't have enough of that fabric. Even though I was disappointed about that I still knew that I wanted a contrasting binding to the cool color palette of the Chicopee fabrics. I was on a mission to find that perfect print.

Apparently so was Steve.

edited to add: one of Steve's selections
After multiple fabrics and me trying to explain to Steve that I wanted contrast it dawned on me that we were about to have a fight in the middle of Joann's.

Over contrasting binding fabric.

And when I say fight, I mean that in the lightest of terms because we really don't fight... just disagree at times and like most couples over the silliest things. Like binding fabric. And it's not I disliked his choices, I just didn't want a matchy-matchy binding.

Me: I really think this is the one {the plaid}. It contrasts and it has a tiny stripe of aqua to tie in with the quilt.

Steve: I don't know about that...

Me: I like it and I like the plaid. It will make for a cool binding.

Steve: It's a big risk.

Me: I know. But I think I like it.

Steve: I just think you are going to regret the choice...

And then he realized that the fabric counter was calling number 21 and the next number available to take was 32. Every guy has his limits in a store like Joann's.

On Sunday I finished quilting and made the binding. I stitched it to the front and went downstairs to hand stitch it to the back. I finished the same evening and held the quilt up for Steve to see.

Me: I really like the binding!

Steve: Me too! And I told you that you would.

Men.

But seriously, I know I'm super lucky to have a husband who not only tolerates my hobby but also has opinions and enjoys the process, even fabric selection at Joann's, and the end result.

Happy Wednesday!

PS: Thank you for all your sweet comments yesterday about my quilting. They seriously made me blush. :)