Journey of Quilting

spirit...

there is a spirit that you can actually feel sometimes...
now... if you have read me long enough, you will know I'm just kind of like that...
don't think I'm all legs wrapped on the floor with incense burning (though I do like incense and I also sometimes sit with my legs crossed on the floor... but only while building blocks with my two year old)
but this spirit I have been feeling ever since the concept of Bridgette came into my being...
it has taken a lot of my whole person, this Bridgette... I feel connected to her, though she is just a character... making all the clothes for the short film, and working with
what I had (like my measly camera and on hand props) was so
fun to do and show you

~THANK YOU SO MUCH! for such lovely comments about it all~ it really means alot

I wish you all could read my novel

the novel of Bridgette
because if you could... you would see so much more to the story than what that little film portrayed...

you would see her sense of adventure and freedom...

her ability to try to live self-sustainably while using items she finds and borrows...

you'd feel the prairie between your toes... and feel the horse's breathe upon the morning dew...

(in my novel, Bridgette befriends a white horse) the warm feeling of the plaid riding jacket she wraps around her closer as she sits by her faithful companion on the hay in the barn...

the spirit that I am talking about really is just inspiration... to inspire those around you and lift their spirit!
there is nothing better than seeing others doing the same thing — such as Anthropologie and Cabbages and Roses... these images were taken from both those inspirations, and well after Bridgette was created... but amazingly all link together to create the same spirit!

Anthropologie... September Catalog 2010 and seriously, after seeing what Anthropologie was doing, and also Cabbages and Roses...
I was shocked!!
It was though they had that story (of Bridgette) in their hearts too!!

But how incredibly great that we share that same passion for the prairie, horses, plaid and the sense of capturing the past through books and history...

(photos from Cabbages and Roses)

(both skirts cabbages and roses)

the skirt I made for Bridgette... that classic blend of the rustic prairie lands meeting the comforts of cottons, linens, and even flannels creates a unique style... now I'm no photographer... and not much of a clothing designer...
and in NO WAY am I comparing my clothing to Anthropologie or Cabbages and Roses...
but I'm enjoying this sense of Prairie in this Autumn/Winter line of clothing
from many different designers

here are some great clothing items Jennifer Rizzo is creating for the event...

with that chic prairie style

(i love that detailing)http://www.jenniferrizzo.com/

(click on image to visit Jenn)
Jenn and I have thought of this plaid/prairie chic event for October
eating our filled cupcakes at the last
event...

if you haven't met her yet, Jenn, she's a great woman with a
super kind and creative heart We hope you enjoy the spirit of of the prairie as much as we do
and the peaceful feeling it gives you knowing
that we all share at least one thing in common

spirit
Did you know that Cabbages and Roses has a blog? I didn't until just now either... thanks to Tracie telling me... thank you Tracie, and thank you so much Christina for liking my post...

I'm also very pleased in joining Debra, from Common Ground for her 1st party!!

xo+blessings,