Journey of Quilting

Tuesday {Thanks}

when Chaney got "married" to Bunny It's no secret that things are a bit of a roller coaster in the financial markets and world economies. Well, I guess it could be a secret if you don't really follow the media. And if that's the case then good for you!

Sometimes it is hard for me not to be money focused because that's entirely what my day job is about. But when I step back and look at what is going on around me it almost looks silly. Almost. Now, I wouldn't be in my line of work if I didn't believe that money and financial security should be a priority but sometimes I wonder if we have made it the priority.

Children go to bed hungry, in our own country, every night. Over 50% of marriages end in divorce which happens to be a bigger number than any recent stock market decline. Where is the media hype and widespread panic over these things?? But mess with our money and all heck breaks loose. Hmmm...

So with all these things considered, I was thinking this morning about ways to shift my focus and I decided to list a few things that I'm thankful for that don't have a direct financial value. Here are my first three:

  • My family... they are the best parts of my day
  • Our church... I look forward to every weekend when we can learn and focus {or re-focus} on what really matters.
  • My creativity... God given and just so must fun to use.
What three things are you thankful for today?