Journey of Quilting

on the table...

for reasons unknown, i like my breakfast warm and rather late... if it was up to me, we would eat breakfast around 10 am

like starting a pot of oatmeal... and letting that simmer and bubble until creamy and so delicious

i do not like to rush things

when i do have to rush with the family in the morning, it is though we are all constantly turning in circles and elbowing each other

being though i have now chopped all my hair off once again, the vanity in front of the mirror happens no longer (what a relief to be done with having it curled or 'done'...) even though my daughter is brilliant when it comes to hair styles with braids and fishtails and pins and curls, it was just not me

all this expands my idea to eat breakfast at 10am... i don't particularly think that my younger children will appreciate this new idea, so i might just have to make a personal choice

for a time there, i was getting up early every single day (except the rest day of Sunday) and running down the road... i hate running... never have liked it... never have liked running around

so on the table one day, ham and cheese scones were at the ready instead of my conditioned muscles, as were sliced fresh cantaloupe that was the sweetest

i see we have a "scone snatcher" as well

give a blessing... embrace your day with peace...