Journey of Quilting

Camp time {almost}

Steve and I attended the parent meeting for campers about a month ago. Oh, the details... the do's... the don'ts... the lists... the email account to set up to correspond with your camper. Yep, you read that right!

Me: So what did you think {about the meeting}?

Steve: I thought it was good. Chaney is going to have a blast. What did you think?

Me: That I don't wanna go to camp!

Steve: Well, then thank goodness it's Chaney going and not you!

I love his way with words...

The great camp countdown is upon us. In 5 days Chaney leaves for a packed week of horses, water slides, campfires, and friends. She needs a blanket for her bed that can withstand the rigors of camp so what's a crafty mom to do??

Yep, a quick quilt.

Two vintage twin sized flat sheets + 1 charm pack of Little Apples = one mom feeling a little better about sending her baby to camp for a week.

And I promise to take better care of Aneela's sweet characters than the Pips that I "fussy cut"... ;)

Stay tuned for an easy tutorial!

And in other news, we are finally getting a new roof and having all the damage from the storm repaired today. We are on the 33rd consecutive day of 100+ degrees of heat and it's supposed to be 110 today... those poor roofers!

I'm happy to be at work avoiding all the hammering and noise. Chaney is at home so she can bring the roofers water. And then Steve is home to make sure they aren't doing it wrong. I bet by the end of the day that they like Chaney more... ;)