Journey of Quilting

safety pin...

All the clients I sew for are special to me
BUT...
What do you do when you get a client that is THE most important person?

This client really won't care if you made it out of a rough hemp cloth or the finest silk...

but I do

it's God

yes...

I sew for God... to me it's for Him... even though the request is of this world...

(above picture of a veiling I made out of an old embroidered cassock, and laid over with golden fabric and trim for the tabernacle)

I have been doing this sewing for only about 10 months

little old me that sews curtains and slipcovers for clients... dresses for my girls, and pillows for our home... but Him?...

let me tell you a little story...
(I know, you are so excited to read another one of Anne Marie's stories right?... sorry, but I need to share this... I really hope I haven't told this one yet)

here I was kneeling in Church, 10 months ago... at a new place for us to worship...

we only knew a few people from this new church... one of them approached me while I was kneeling, because he heard I knew how to sew... he said "there is an emergency with the vestments, and even a safety pin will work... do you have one?"
"I might in the car... let me go check", I said

This was the first time I had been asked to do something at this new place...
FRANTICALLY I searched the car... tore apart the console, purse, diaper bag...

all I found was a tiny safety pin for like a polly pocket or something — crazy small -

I rushed inside, tried to fix the problem... problem temporarily solved

(still with me?)
I returned to my exact spot I was before, kneeling... put my head down to try to catch my breath...

I prayed to Him... told Him that if this is what He wants me to do here... at this new church, then He is going to have to help me, because I don't have the tools to do it!! Mentally or physically!!!

I bowed my head in silence... and there... gleaming like the sun's rays was a gigantic safety pin...

no joke

I still have that safety pin

and I haven't stopped sewing since then... and the projects have gotten a lot more involved than just a quick safety pin for a temporary fix...

(above picture of a canopy I made for a Corpus Christi procession 2010)

Sometimes the signs you are looking for might just be in silence with your head down, and avoiding all the noise and confusion of the world

take time to be in silence and then you will find your path