Journey of Quilting

food display idea...

we recently had some summer guests on the farm for the day...

they were bringing 8 children... all over the age of 10, so I thought I'd label each sauce and dip I made for them... so everyone could see clearly what they were adding to their
"help-yourself" pork wraps...

all you need is this...

(I found those adorable little clothespins at the craft store)

tie it around your bowl tightly with hemp twine, write the contents of what will be in the bowl with a fine tip permanent marker, and then clip it on with that cute tiny clothespin...

do that for all of your side dishes
(this really helps if you are serving SPICY items)

the obvious things like shredded cheese and guacamole weren't necessary...

it gives a clean and organized look for your guests, and for your kitchen
(which is very important to me)

for the peppers and tomatoes, I used an old brown bread baker that when opened extends really nicely... (I have also used this for silverware in previous parties)...

let your guests be involved in the kitchen prep... because no one likes to feel helpless...

Enjoy your summer!! and share your kitchen...