Journey of Quilting

chores...

what's Anne Marie been doing... being inside, gazing out the window...

planning the garden while preparing the family a meal...

enjoying the simplistic beauty within ironing...

(fun tidbit: my daughter here is wearing my dress that I wore as a child)

within these times I have alone (for that is usually the case) I take that time to meditate, think of new ideas, pray, plan, (always jotting things down on my notepad in my pocket) and enjoying time alone...
when I was a wee lass, my sisters and I would play house (I'm sure you can relate)

(above picture is THE cutest gift my talented older sister made for me... that's us when young... the metal label thing says 'sisters') always busying ourselves with chores... for that's what mothers do... but now... it's with coffee...

I always thought I would get married, but never realized the diversity of such a vocation, and now, with five children and a farm, I seriously have nothing to complain about... except maybe the barn burning yes, still not over that — it got rehashed out in me this past weekend while visiting friends, and their sympathy and questions compelled my husband and I to practically relive it again... how in heaven's name will I ever get over this?... maybe I need to have another sale... here at the farm... and give glory to what I have, not what I have lost... sounds easy enough no?~have a fantastic day, even if all you have to do today are chores, and it's at a farm without a barn~