Journey of Quilting

rising up...

one could say I 'have risen up'... and after being knocked down like I was, it really didn't take much to get 'up'... when you have five children, and a farm, well... you really don't have time for that sort of thing... really...

so I got out an old cookbook (Searchlight) and started thinking...

I don't know how to can! so, I taught myself, and I pretty much want to can everything now...

with all those apple peelings, I made SO much apple jelly that is (pat on the back) oh so good...

but the best part of all! was that I got my mind off of my 'heartbreak' with adding more work (I know; a little ludicrous)... and... I got to use my old kitchen hutch to a more advantageous way...

much more in the 'keeping' of the old farm house, and to look over and see my hard work shimmering in the sunlight through the old wavy glass fills me with a wonderful sense of accomplishment -

this was the before...

then the after: