Journey of Quilting

weeding within...

ups and downs...

we all experience different emotions... and our experiences and the lives we lead shouldn't be driven by our emotions...

being self-aware of those around us... and thinking of our immediate responsibilities (husband... kids... loved ones... or not so loved ones) should come before our own needs...

as I was gardening with my oldest son, a simple life lesson was given to him, as if often the case in the Potager... alone with him...

the lesson was about becoming a good person... as we were pulling out the weeds... the 'stuff' that will consume any ounce of goodness that surrounds it and overpower the good... we need to pull that 'stuff' up...

because you all know what will happen when you leave those weeds! all too well I'm sure!!

I have been busy (go figure) here for the past 4 days now, that the weeds are creeping back in, and I have realized that conversation I had with my son... well... I need to take heed of that...
not only do I have to stop sitting on my new 'settee' and taking walks in the prairie and neglecting my duties, but I also have to make sure I don't loose hold of my prayer life...

yes, you heard me " my prayer life "... to me, prayer is a daily offering... I say an offering every morning to God for all my works, joys, pains and sufferings that I might come across...

well... it's not good enough...

if I do anything in my life, I certainly don't want my kids to say "oh... yes... my mama was such a good blogger"

ha! (not really ha-ha funny)

wouldn't it be nicer if they took a hold of their faith like a strong plant? with deep roots?

indeed...
so it's my job... as their mama... to weed
I have some weeding to do... but this time in my own life... if you love that plant, and want to see it live a life of freedom and contentment with just being them, then weed... and weed until those fingers hurt... it's through the pains and sufferings that will make your "garden" beautiful... from deep within...

besides, what are mama's for?... to help them weed their gardens... because it is just too much work for such little ones...