Journey of Quilting

Renewal...

Time passes so quickly, and before you know it, you have been married for over 12 years, have 5 children and try your hardest to find time... just the two of you... well at least, that is what is happening with me~ but no worries!
Solution: Renew Marriage Vows Of course, I have it all planned in my head already. I visualize how I want things nearly 10 minutes after the idea pops into my existence... but this time it's different! On the farm Wear that simply elegant vintage wedding gown from the 20's I've had stored

So... what's all this got to do with this?

I told my mother-in-law last weekend what our plans were (bear with me here). She had to stay up in another town to help another family. While there, her son (my brother-in-law) was working at clearing out an old religious bookstore/warehouse, was staying with this family too... mentioned to his mom that there is this old altar and stuff that are being abandoned. Mother told him about my plans, brother went through the amazing trouble to pick it up, and haul it to Farm.

what timing

CAN YOU IMAGINE? Renewing our vows under the canopy of the woods, just outside the Potager???

SERIOUSLY?

okay... it's gets a little more strange...

Remember how I said the Daisy is my favorite flower? that I chose it for my wedding bouquet?

Well, the flower that is carved into the altar is THE DAISY! just freaking out a little...

Two altar pillars were also part of this!...

they had this old "marbleized" contact paper on them, that swiftly came off..

The old plaster is crumbling... the base needs work from water damage... but how ironically amazing that circumstances would have happened that way...

If my mother-in-law didn't have to take care of that family, she wouldn't have been there to hear about these items, and tell my brother-in-law!

I am so convinced that everything happens for a reason -

Due to the amount of work involved in restoration (and planning) it might not be until next Spring, or we could get the urge to do it this autumn even...

If you could only see them! And for free to boot... well, not totally free... I'll owe my brother-in-law a nice dinner and some quality brew... no problem!

Have a wonderful day~

~btw: tomorrow is B&W Sunday~