Journey of Quilting

Monday Morning Fashion...

This Monday Morning Fashion is a skirt "redo"

I bought a strappy type flowy brown dress from Old Navy a few years ago when expecting the baby, and well, I didn't like how it fit now (too big — and I really don't care for straps)...

SO:

I cut off the 'triangle' "things" (which covered the chest area), then did a big running stitch across the now wonderfully long skirt... made a waistband out of jersey knit and then gathered up the skirt's band to match the now new waistband... there was some gathering on the back of the once top of strappy dress, which aided in my now 'elastic' waistband...

this is the cool part: I sewed the once 'triangle things' onto the front of the skirt for pockets! I used a off-white thread and did a vine stitch to secure (a decorative stitch on my machine)

Here's a pathetic attempt to have an artistic photo shoot:

hilarious

I set the camera up to take these shots when the kids were at the creek... far away from where Mama was trying to be "creative" -
!!I told you it was hilarious!! (I totally understand if you can't be seen with me now)