Journey of Quilting

OMG

I know... I'm actually posting!

What's been going on? Well... lots.

Starting back in March which coincided with my last post, work got really busy. I got a promotion which has been a great thing but that with that came a learning curve that seemed to take every extra ounce of mental energy.

And then, as I mentioned at some point, I started working out and just trying to get healthier in general. That's been a huge positive in my life but it also takes a fair amount of time on top of my other daily obligations.

And of course, my most important job is my family. Steve and Chaney are doing wonderful. Steve also got a promotion in March so you can imagine just how much fun we have been lately. ;) The last part of 3rd grade flew by for Chaney and summer has been a whirlwind as well.

In the last several months {really most of 2013 now that I think about it} I've come to not only realize how important balance is in your life but I've also had to put it into practice to keep my priorities in the right order. It's looked a lot like this for me:

  1. Faith
  2. Family
  3. Health
  4. Work
  5. Hobbies
I managed to do a pretty good job with the first 4 priorities but #5 slipped to non-existent for awhile. And I'm not going to lie, at first I panicked when I realized that I hadn't stepped foot into my sewing room for weeks on end. But after awhile I got used to it when I realized that I had been putting my health in the #5 spot and that was a big mistake.

Have I been sewing? I have! Some of it I can't show you yet... annoying but true. ;) I've also been working on some WIP's before I start anything new and that's a good feeling. Is sewing on my mind like it used to be? Not really and I don't mind that at all. I don't feel any less creative; I just feel balanced.

What about blogging?? I don't know if I've missed it or not. It's hard to tell it that makes sense. I love to write and I never stopped writing. I have been blogging some on my running blog because that has fallen more in line with my priorities. I have certainly missed interacting with everyone who reads here but I also know that I've connected with a lot of you on Instagram.

Am I going to quit blogging? No. :) But it can be a lot of work if you let it be. Tutorials, pictures, writing, editing, documenting with pictures what I'm sewing... all those things can get time consuming in a hurry. Looking back, I'm pretty sure it was easy to let sewing/blogging slip to #5 because I got burnt out. Sad but true.

I still have some self-evaluation to do on how much I want to blog but I'm thinking that it's going to be more of a 1-2 times per week thing with posts that have a good amount of content. We'll see... :)

So with that being said, I'm glad to be posting again and I've missed ya'll! I can't wait to share some of the things I've been working on and I'm also excited to start reading your blogs again to see what amazingly creative things ya'll have been working on too!