Journey of Quilting

adios!

As of today at 5pm I am on vacation! I was thinking the other day about previous vacations and I realized that I haven't had 9 consecutive days off since I was on maternity leave with Chaney. And that isn't really a vacation when you are a single mom with a newborn. That was over 8 years ago so it's high time for a break!

We are traveling and yes, I realize by blogging about our vacation ahead of time that I am leaving my fabric stash vulnerable. But quilters are nice people so I have no problem trusting ya'll with this information. ;) And speaking of fabric... that pretty stack of charm squares you see up there came in the mail from Fabricworm yesterday. Chicopee by Denyse Schmidt is even prettier in person. I can't wait for the yardage to come out!

Steve and I were both up at 4:30 this morning for no good reason. I guess it's a combination of being excited about picking Chaney up from camp tomorrow morning and being ready to start our vacation. So I decided to make some more headway on my sample for our Giant Granny Panties quilt along. This is turning out to be a really fun quilt to make with lots of tricks that makes this quilt come together easily.
I usually do the design for my quilt alongs and stay a week ahead of the group but this quilt design is a little different so I wanted to make sure I worked any kinks out beforehand. I'm happy to say that this quilt is coming together without any issues so I should have the intro post, design and fabric bundles up after I get back.

I was supposed to be working out by this time but I opted for this instead. My enablers friends on Instagram pointed out that sewing is exercising so that's what I went with. I'll work out tonight instead...
I will try to get at least one post up while I'm gone so if you want to see what I'm up to in real-time, Instagram is where that will be happening. :)

Have a great weekend & week!