Journey of Quilting

A wedding for the commitment-phobic...

I had a lot of fun writing my last post and even more fun reading the comments and emails. I have very funny readers!

Here's what I'm thinking...

...the Double Wedding Ring quilt will a series of tutorials that I post as I make my quilt. This quilt is a big undertaking and I'm afraid that the structure of a quilt along combined with the time commitment might scare a lot of people off. That kind of commitment even scares me a little!

... the Giant Granny Panties {GGP} quilt will be a quilt along. Yay for granny panties! I'm working with one of my favorite fabric shops to put together quilt along bundles so look for the first post sometime next week.

Some of you guessed that the GGP quilt will be a Trip Around the World type quilt and ya'll are very close! But don't worry, this quilt will be strip pieced so that no one is having to sew a million little squares together. As you can see from the picture above, I worked out the design details on using a paper quilt last night. I have never done that before but it actually works really well.

Now all I have to do is make blog buttons for both projects... that should be a lot of fun too!

But don't worry, no granny panties will be hanging out on the sidebars of blogs. ;)