Journey of Quilting

Thrifting {Love}

Have you ever felt like you got a steal of a deal when you went to a thrift store? I don't have consistent great thrifting finds but when I do, they are typically great scores.

Awhile back I was jumping up and down on Facebook about finding this Amy Butler Love fabric that had been made into a XL twin sheet set. It was brand new... doesn't even look like it's been washed. I guess the recipient didn't care for handmade because the fitted sheet, flat sheet and two pillowcases ended up in the thrift shop. This print also happens to be my favorite print from her Love line. :)

I pulled it out of the bag this weekend and by my best calculations, it's close to 10 yards of fabric. I paid $12 for all of it. Fortunately Unfortunately, we don't have an XL twin bed so I guess I'm going to have to turn the sheets back into yardage. I am going to make one of the pillowcases into a dress for Chaney because whoever made the pillowcases did an adorable job of making them.

What has been your best thrifting find?