Journey of Quilting

The Teacher Quilt

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! I finished handstitching the binding on today... and actually, I finished the quilting today too.
I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I used 20 different prints so that each block has a special feel to it. Each kid is unique so I figured that each block should be as well. :) I sashed each block in white which I think balances out all the colors well. I quilted it with a free motion meandering stitch which is quickly becoming my favorite way to quilt.

Here is my favorite block because it's just so darn cute what he has to say about his teacher...

Here is my daughter's block as well... If you couldn't tell, she loves math!

And here's mine... there are 19 kids in the class so I did my label on the front in the 20th block...

The backing is Kona Buttercup which is strikingly similar to the blanket I carried around as a child. I love it. I did a pieced binding which is something I've been wanting to do and I really like the way it contrasts to the front and back of the quilt.

This was a fun quilt to make for a really special teacher. It's been a wonderful school year and I'm a little sad that kindergarten is over...

P.S... don't forget to enter the giveaway for the vintage pillowcase and elastic thread if you haven't entered already!