Journey of Quilting

a little...

... bragging. But in a good way!

Today is Chaney's last day of school. We finished her wall hanging for her teacher last night and I bet she's giving it to her teacher right about now. I'm still going to let her blog all about it but I couldn't stand to wait to share just a little bit.

The quilting... she did most of it. She wanted the lines "closer together" like she sees on other quilts... yes, she reads some of your blogs! So I filled in some lines for her but the quilting design was her creation. And I must add, straight line quilting on my Juki is amazing. I've always wondered how quilters get their lines and stitches so pretty and now I know... a machine can really make a difference!
The binding... when I got a fat quarter pack of Habitat, quite honestly I decided that I would probably never use that print. It's pretty bold and loud but I think she made a great choice.

I'll let her share the rest but I'm just so proud. It's always fun when you can do fun things with your kids. When she was watching me press the blocks she told me how glad she was to have a mom who could teach her to sew. As corny as it sounds, I got a little choked up hearing that and then telling her how glad I was to have a kid who wants to sew with me.

Our softball season ended on Tuesday night with a double header. It was a long season because of some unruly parents in the stands {putting it mildly} but we made it. She was by far our most consistent hitter and I promise that I'm saying that as the coach! This was my last season to be a head coach; I'll always be happy to assist but I'm ready to be a softball mom to just one kid instead of an entire team.
I can't believe that I was blogging about Chaney's first day of kindergarten here and the signature quilt I made for her teacher and now I'm blogging about a quilt that she made and how she's heading to third grade in the fall. Time really does fly!

Happy summer!