Journey of Quilting

Blog {Hop}

I've never done a blog hop so I'm super excited to be a part of this Table Topper Blog hop put together by the fabulous Madame Samm. She has a full schedule of bloggers so this will be a lot of fun!

I always end up with little orphan quilt blocks... maybe they didn't turn out just right... didn't fit in with the rest of the quilt...etc. This particular block was a larger one with very wavy edges. So I squared it up to a 6" block...

quilted it...

...and bound it.
The table topper comes from Ackfeldwire where they have an abundance of stands, screens and hangers to display your big quilts and little quilts.

My kitchen has lots of black in it {note: black granite is not a good idea; it shows everything!}. I also have a lot of bright colors in there so I had fun choosing this block and then going out of my comfort zone with the chartreuse binding.

This will definitely not be my last topper and I love that this stand lets me change out my mini quilts for holidays or even just for fun!

Thanks for stopping by today! Please make sure to stop by my fellow hoppers:

LeslieKaren& Katherine